Re: Need to find out if there is language peculiar to Isaiah and [De

  • C L
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2012
      Dear Rob,

      Thank you for the advice. I was actually in touch with Michael about my Zechariah work a while back, before it took the more defined shape I am pursuing now. My plan was to write him some time this week, while simultaneously polling the community on this group (as this current thread represents). In any case, he has offered me considerable help in making BibleCrawler available so that we can work out any bugs together. He's a gracious man, that's for sure. I probably should have started with engaging Michael first, but I'm going for a "brainstorming" approach, to some degree: trying to get as many ideas as possible for tackling the problem as I see it.

      I also want to get a copy of Stead's "The three shepherds: reading Zechariah 11 in the light of Jeremiah," In God of faithfulness, 149-165 (New York: T & T Clark, 2011). That will be a huge help, I'm sure.

      Regarding the last post: thanks for pointing out the pointing :-) in the Zech 9:1 variant. I'm certain that I had seen BoA AeReS suggested as a variant, with the defective cholem vocalizing BoA. I totally expected the pointing to be a chames. Looking at BHS (print and Logos), I see that the apparatus does, in fact, list chames as the vowel pointing there. I must have been super tired to have pointed it as an imperative. I even remember thinking, "How odd that it's an imperative." Again, thanks for noting it. I'll be sure to drink an extra cup of coffee next time.

      Best,

      Chris