Re: 35 mm films of Biblical MSS - sale

  • mydogregae01
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2012
      "james_snapp_jr" <voxverax@...> wrote:

      > Gary,
      >
      > In the unlikely event that the collection does not sell as a collection, would you be willing to sell some of these individually?
      >
      > Also, please tell us more about that Syriac MS in the list.

      Is you an us? :-)

      The Syriac MS is in Metzger's Versions, page 51, as are most of the versional MSS I have, they are choice selections, often the oldest dated. et al. The OCS in Sinai is the ONLY OCS in Sinai of the Pauline corpus, including their new discoveries.

      I have not considered selling them individually, I think their value is enhanced as a group, giving tons of data upon the Pauline Corpus.
      My films are usually the ORIGINALS from which Swanson made some of his copies. When I purchased for Swanson, I kept the original and sent him a copy. I did not share many of my materials with Swanson, for various reasons. I spent from 1990 to 2011 collecting these films.
      That time and research involved, was just that mucho time. The new owner gets all at once. Saves much time. I would hate to see them scattered all over kingdom come.

      Gary