35 mm films of Biblical MSS - sale

  • mydogregae01
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2012
      I am retiring, and am auctioning all of my 35 mm films of Biblical MSS. Most are of the Pauline corpus. The items are on EBAY, listed under BOOKS, and the listing title is:

      35 mm spool Films of Biblical Manuscripts - 280841296714

      There are about 55 films total!! Someone is going to get a great and lasting bargain.

      The auction lasts 10 days. If you want your library or institution to own these, contact them!! See listing for a complete list of films available, and other basic information. Contact me via email through the Ebay site. (there is a buy it now, option, so it may not last 10 days!).

      Mr. Gary S. Dykes
      www.Biblical-data.org
    • james_snapp_jr
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2012
        Gary,

        In the unlikely event that the collection does not sell as a collection, would you be willing to sell some of these individually?

        Also, please tell us more about that Syriac MS in the list.

        --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "mydogregae01" <garyandgale@...> wrote:

        > I am retiring, and am auctioning all of my 35 mm films of Biblical MSS. Most are of the Pauline corpus. The items are on EBAY, listed under BOOKS, and the listing title is:
        >
        > 35 mm spool Films of Biblical Manuscripts - 280841296714
        >
        > There are about 55 films total!! Someone is going to get a great and lasting bargain.
        >
        > The auction lasts 10 days. If you want your library or institution to own these, contact them!! See listing for a complete list of films available, and other basic information. Contact me via email through the Ebay site. (there is a buy it now, option, so it may not last 10 days!).
        >
        > Mr. Gary S. Dykes
        > www.Biblical-data.org

      • mydogregae01
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 10, 2012
          "james_snapp_jr" <voxverax@...> wrote:

          > Gary,
          >
          > In the unlikely event that the collection does not sell as a collection, would you be willing to sell some of these individually?
          >
          > Also, please tell us more about that Syriac MS in the list.

          Is you an us? :-)

          The Syriac MS is in Metzger's Versions, page 51, as are most of the versional MSS I have, they are choice selections, often the oldest dated. et al. The OCS in Sinai is the ONLY OCS in Sinai of the Pauline corpus, including their new discoveries.

          I have not considered selling them individually, I think their value is enhanced as a group, giving tons of data upon the Pauline Corpus.
          My films are usually the ORIGINALS from which Swanson made some of his copies. When I purchased for Swanson, I kept the original and sent him a copy. I did not share many of my materials with Swanson, for various reasons. I spent from 1990 to 2011 collecting these films.
          That time and research involved, was just that mucho time. The new owner gets all at once. Saves much time. I would hate to see them scattered all over kingdom come.

          Gary