Re: Additional variant readings in Matt 27:9 that attribute Deutero-

  • C L
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2012
      Thanks again, Wieland. You are truly a gentleman and a scholar. I salute you, sir. This is a great help to my research.

      To anyone else out there: please let me know if there are any other witness that give the variant IHSAIOY in Matthew 27:9.

      So far, my records show the IHSAIOY variant in ms. 1 (8th century), ms. 21 (12th century), and [thanks to Wieland] ms. 1079 (10th century?).

      Are there any witnesses to IHSAIOY earlier than the 8th century?

      Sincerely,

      Christopher Lovelace
      M.Div., Th.M (Canidate)