Re: [textualcriticism] Hort's review of Burgon's Last 12 Verses

  • schmuel
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 15, 2011
      Hi Folks,

      Steven
      Here is the review.

      The Academy and literature, Volume 2 (1871)
      Fenton Hort Review.
      http://books.google.com/books?id=w63lAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA518

      George
      Unless I've totally overlooked it, I think you have the wrong link.

      Steven
      You go to the very bottom of page 518. and then the bulk is in page 519.

      Shalom,
      Steven

      James
      Burgon's 1871 book received an almost immediate response from Hort, in the form of a review that appeared in the Nov. 15, 1871 issue of a journal called "The Academy."  The volume can be found at Google Books.  A review is not the same as a refutation -- and Hort made some claims in his review which themselves should be reviewed (because they are wrong!) -- but Hort outlined the shape of what a refutation would look li