Re: Mt 11:9 IDEIN PROFHTHN / PROFHTHN IDEIN

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 20, 2004
      > Can someone tell if the letters of B's text, PROFHTHNIDEIN, are the
      > same hand as the rest of the letters on the page and the MS?

      It very probably is. And note that "B1" is a designation for both the
      original scribe or a scribe roughly contemporary to him.

      > And what about B2 in NA, for IDEINPROFHTHN? Can anyone see
      > any marks that would indicate B2 support this reading?

      I don't understand this, too. As I noted there is a small check at the
      right margin, but I don't know its meaning. Possibly B2 is an error in
      NA and should actually be with B1, indicating that also B2 (the
      enhancer) supported the PROFHTHN IDEIN reading. Hmm ...

      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de