Re: [textualcriticism] Re: Parentheses in Mark 13:4

  • Daniel Buck
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2011
      --- On Wed, 10/12/11, james_snapp_jr <voxverax@...> wrote:

      <<Whoever made 2427 was. . . basing his work on a printed Greek text published by Phillip Buttmann. In Buttmann's printed Greek NT, Mark 7:3-4 is within parentheses, and at Mark 13:14, the words "let the reader understand" are within round parentheses. . . . As a result, in 2427, Mark 7:3-4 and the parenthetical phrase in Mark 13:14 are missing.>>

      Does anyone really believe that this parenthetical statement giving instructions to a future reader was uttered by Jesus himself?

      I have yet to see a red-letter edition of the Bible that printed it in black ink.

      Daniel Buck

    • George F Somsel
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 13, 2011
        Does it really matter whether anyone prints it in red letters?  I thought textual criticism involved the evaluation of the ancient manuscript evidence.

        george
        gfsomsel

        … search for truth, hear truth, learn truth, love truth, speak the truth, hold the truth,
        defend the truth till death.

        - Jan Hus _________