Re: [textualcriticism] Re: BTW: James

  • dwashbur@nyx.net
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 7, 2011
      On 7 Sep 2011 at 10:59, George F Somsel wrote:

      > That is basically the standard definition of inspiration for
      > Fundamentalists (AKA: "Evangelicals"),
      > but that is not the definition which I would espouse. I would say
      > that inspiration lies in the
      > message and not in the words which then entails that there is no
      > manuscript of scriptures, unless
      > radically altered to set forth a different message, which is not
      > inspired. If some such revision of
      > the definition of "inspiration" is not made, we do not have an
      > inspired Word of God, and never
      > have since the first copy (as opposed to autograph) was penned.

      Is this your own definition, or is it something that's out there in the literature as well? Just
      wondering.

      Dave Washburn

      http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur

      Check out my Internet show: http://www.irvingsplace.us
    • Diana Fulbright
      Message 38 of 38 , Sep 15, 2011

        GethsemaneΓεθσημανη / Γεθσημανει is English transliteration of Greek transliteration of Hebrew / Aramaic גת   שמנ \ שמנא Geth shemen – “oil press”.

        Diana Fulbright