Rom 6.3

  • Dan King
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7 6:35 AM

      Does anybody know whether any Gk mss have the reading 'you were baptised' in Rom 6.3 (probably thru influence of Gal 3.27). There is no variant noted in either NA or Tisch, and no mention in Cranfield's commentary. The reading exists in some mss of a work of Cyril of Alexandria and has crept also into the Syriac version of that text, but I have found no other provenance for it - does anyone know of any?

      many thanks
      Dan King
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8 10:18 AM
        I have the Swanson's book on Romans and actually he lists one witness
        that reads EBAPTISQHTE.
        It is 1874*.
        1874c reads txt.
        It is possible that this is inspired from immediate context: AGNOEITE.

        Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
        mailto:willker@...-bremen.de
        http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie/