More news about Gospel of Judas

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2005
      The German news journal "Focus" has a cover story about the Gospel of Judas, but without saying anything, what we not already know. :-)
      M. van Rijn on his web site has scans and gives a more detailed translation now:
      http://www.michelvanrijn.nl/artnews/artnws.htm

      What I find curious is the very abrupt and unexpected end:

      "And he answered them
      as they wanted him to.
      And Judas received the money.
      And he surrendered him."
      Gospel of Judas

      The betrayal and everything else that happened is not reported.
      What we have so far is (to me) rather boring. Only the typical Gnostic aeon talk. Nothing thrilling, no evil Kain ...
      Jesus is called ALLOGENHS.

      mailto:willker@...-bremen.de