Re: [textualcriticism] The Text of the New Testament (book)

  • John McChesney-Young
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2005
      Wieland Willker kindly wrote in part:

      >I have word from Bart that his revision will be out very soon
      >("could be a matter of days").
      >
      >The Text of the New Testament
      >Its Transmission, Corruption, and Restoration Fourth Edition Bruce
      >M. Metzger and Bart D. Ehrman
      >ISBN 0195166671
      >384 pages
      >Apr 2005,
      >Price:$ 79,00

      For whatever it might be worth, the Oxford University Press (US) web
      site gives a due date of April 22. Oddly, Oxford UK lists only the
      3rd edition.

      Those distressed by the price quoted above - reasonable though it is
      given academic book prices currently - might take some consolation
      from the fact that Oxford also promises a paperback version for
      $31.95 (ISBN 019516122X).

      <http://www.oup.com/us/catalog/general/subject/ReligionTheology/BiblicalStudies/NewTestament/?view=usa&ci=019516122X>

      John
      --

      *** John McChesney-Young ** panis~at~pacbell.net ** Berkeley,
      California, U.S.A. ***