More BL manuscripts

    Message 1 of 3 , May 25 10:15 AM

      The British library is continuing in digitizing their manuscripts:

      http://www.bl.uk/manuscripts/

      Enter keyword “greek” and set the date to about 1500, it will give you about 50 results. I’m away from my sources today so cannot check if anything important is included.

      --------------------------

      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany

      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie

      Textcritical commentary:

      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

      Please check out the TC forum:

      http://tcg.iphpbb3.com

      Message 2 of 3 , May 26 12:03 AM
        > The British library is continuing in digitizing their
        > manuscripts:
        > http://www.bl.uk/manuscripts/

        I checked the manuscripts and couldn't find anything important from a
        textcritical point of view. Only normal Byzantine minuscules and
        lectionaries.
        I don't know why they chose these manuscripts specifically.

        Add. - GA
        -------------------
        5107 439
        5111/2 438
        5117 109
        5153 L188
        5468 686
        11300 478
        11837 201
        11838 492
        11860 2822, 2823
        17470 504
        19993 L193
        20003 81
        22506 645
        22736 688

        Harley - GA
        -------------------
        5537 104
        5557 321
        5647 72
        5776 65
        5787 L152

        --------------------------
        Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
        http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie
        Textcritical commentary:
        http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

        Please check out the TC forum:
        http://tcg.iphpbb3.com
      • yennifmit
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 29, 2011
          Hi All,

          Thanks to Richard Mallett, the UBS4 apparatus has now been encoded for the first nine chapters of the Gospel of Mark. Analysis of this data produces some very interesting results which show that Streeter was right to say that there is a distinctive family of texts including witnesses such as fam. 1, 28, and 565. However, he may have been off the mark concerning what this cluster should be called, as explained in a few paragraphs that I just added to my "Views of New Testament Textual Space" site here:

          http://www.tfinney.net/Views/index.html#d0e4232

          Best,

          Tim Finney