Re: [textualcriticism] General Interst Observation - Codex Sinaiticus - deception by silence

  • Barry H.
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2011
      From: schmuel
      To: textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 3:42 PM
      Subject: [textualcriticism] General Interst Observation - Codex Sinaiticus -
      deception by silence

      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/textualcriticism/message/5716

      >With this track record (after all, this is the #1 face of Codex Sinaiticus)
      >the textual community should simply be ashamed. They are the ones
      >responsible for this abomination, since it continues due to their silence.

      Doesn't change my point (though if true it of course needs to be corrected),
      and that is the popular use of information now easily obtained through
      technology (something of an interest of mine ever since reading Jacque
      Ellul's book on technology and its the way it influences society...

      N.E. Barry Hofstetter, semper melius Latine sonat...
      Classics and Bible Instructor, TAA
      http://www.theamericanacademy.net
      (2010 Salvatori Excellence in Education Winner)
      V-P of Academic Affairs, TNARS
      bhofstetter@...
      http://www.tnars.net

      http://mysite.verizon.net/nebarry