Re: [textualcriticism] FW: Looking for Aquila, Symmachus

  • A. Dirkzwager
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24 12:40 PM
      I think Yusuf made clear that we cannot try to get access to "the" text
      of other Greek translations of the OT than the LXX. We only possess
      fragments and some quotations.
      I should add that in most manuscripts of the LXX we do not find the
      translation of the Septuaginta in the book of Daniel, but that of
      Theodotion. In modern editions of the LXX (e.g. Rahlfs) it is possible
      to find the translation of Daniel by the 70 and that by Theodotion.

      Arie

      A. Dirkzwager
      Hoeselt, Belgium