RE: Symmachus and Aquila

  • C L
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2011
      Dear Frank,

      Thank you.  I will check these out.  I was hoping that Symmachus and Aquila might have been collated separately, so that I would not have to resort to the Hexapla.

      However, it IS a huge help to have a version of the Hexapla to consult on-line.  I appreciate it.

      And yes, you are correct: Ziegler's apparatus contains much more than just those two witnesses.  However, I mentioned them specifically because I wanted to focus on these two in particular.

      Sincerely,

      Chris

      You will find the syrohexapla at:
      http://cpart. byu.edu/? page=99&sidebar
      The hexaplaric edition of Field is for downloading at the internet
      archive:
      http://www.archive. org/details/ origenishexaplor 01origuoft
      http://www.archive. org/details/ origenishexaplor 02origuoft

      I think Ziegler has more than these sources.

      Good Luck,

      Frank Polak