PDF Bernhard Weiss Textkritik

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2011
      Bernhard Weiss
      "Textkritik der vier Evangelien"
      1899, 248 pages

      As one of the very few books by Weiss which I hadn't found online so far, I
      finally found it. You have to know that it is published in the series
      "Texte und Untersuchungen zur Geschichte der altchristlichen Literatur".

      If you search for this, only very few turn up on archive.org. You have to
      know that each of these tomes always contains several studies but that
      Google books files the tome always under the name of the first study.
      Unfortunately the above book is in "Heft 2", so you have to know the first
      study in "Heft 1". Fortunately the German library catalog is detailed enough
      to find this out looking at the year in question.

      So, the above book can be found on archive.org under:
      "Die Todestage der Apostel Paulus und Petrus und ihre römischen Denkmäler"
      http://www.archive.org/details/dietodestageder00marugoog
      (other studies include two works from Harnack)
      The Weiss book in the PDF is on pages 195-442.
      The best way to search the book is to use the index of Biblical passages at
      the end.

      There are probably more treasures like this hidden in the archive.

      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie
      Textcritical commentary:
      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/