RE: [textualcriticism] lectionary query

  • chris jordan
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 6, 2011
      Dear Jean Valentin

      I have come across a few Greek manuscripts with Sunday Gospel lections and a short homily for each one. Since commentaries were read during services (according to liturgical typika) corresponding to the lections it would not surprise me if "commented lectionaries" exist. In my research I did notice a tendency for lectionaries manuscripts to be combined with additional liturgical information necessary for the service so the adding of comments seems possible.

      Chris

      To: textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com
      From: tommy.wasserman@...
      Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 02:26:21 -0700
      Subject: Re: [textualcriticism] lectionary query

      Dr Valentin,

      sorry about my last link - it was incorrect. The study I wanted to refer to was:

      Sysse G. Engberg, « Les lectionnaires grecs », dans Les manuscrits liturgiques, cycle thématique 2003-2004 de l’IRHT, O. Legendre et J.-B. Lebigue, dir., Paris, IRHT, 2005 (Ædilis, Actes, 9)

      It used to be available on-line at http://aedilis.irht.cnrs.fr/liturgie/05_1.htm but I cannot find it there any longer.

      Tommy

      Message 2 of 9 , May 6, 2011
        Dear friends and colleagues,

        Through familial circumstances I didn't have the time to thank you all for the answers concerning my question on commented lectionaries.

        I do it now: thank you for all the feed-back, it will be useful.

        Penetrating the jungle of the Arabic Gospel lectionaries is meeting a new world, a world where much is terra incognita. I hope to give you some interesitng results after some time.

        Thanks to all and keep posting!

        Jean V.