Re: PISTEUSHTE in Jo 20:31 P66

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2011
      > I should probably take a look at your full argument at the link
      > you provided. :-)

      Would you have done so, you would have noticed that I only tackled the comparatively minor question of what P66 is reading here. :-)

      But thanks for noting 1.Jo 5:13! An interesting (and also difficult) case.
      PISTEUHTE may be a reminiscence to Jo 20:31, but more probably is simply a conformation to the preceding EIDHTE.
      Interestingly even here a few minuscules have PISTEUSHTE.

      Regarding P66 one might add that at the places where a PISTEUHTE/ PISTEUSHTE variation occurs, P66 always reads PISTEUSHTE: 8:24 (against P75), 10:38 (alone!), 13:19 (against B).

      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie
      Textcritical commentary:
      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/