63 and it-r1

  • Jeff Cate
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 11, 2011
      Hi Wieland,

      I don't think it's been mentioned on here, but Trinity College (Dublin) has digital images of minuscule 63 and Latin Codex Usserianus Primus (it-r1 or Beuron 14) online.

      Go to:
      Search "usserianus" and you should have 2 hits (63 and r1).

      63 is a X century minuscule which omits the PA (see image 418 which has Jn 7,48b-52 and 8,12-14a with a delta marking where Jn 7:53-8:11 should be).

      it-r1 is a VII century Old Latin ms. There's a good image of the correction at Mk 1:41 from iratus to misertus.

      I wasn't able to find online images of Z/035 or 0275 which are also in the holdings there.

      --Jeff Cate,
      Riverside, CA

      Groupon™ Official Site
      Groupon.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 12, 2011
        > http://digitalcollections.tcd.ie/
        > Search "usserianus"

        Nice find!
        Perhaps it should be noted that you can find an index to the
        r1 images at the bottom of the thumbnails.

        The transcription from Abbott is online, curiously (but not
        uncommon) vol. 1 is on archive.org, vol. 2 is on
        books.google.

        --------------------------
        Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
        http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie
        Textcritical commentary:
        http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/
      • hughhoughton
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 14, 2011
          Dear Jeff,

          Thank you for passing on this information!

          A search for 'patristic' on the search page (http://digitalcollections.tcd.ie/home/) brings up several more manuscripts, including the following Greek NT MSS:
          GA 035 (TCD 32) (directory at: http://digitalcollections.tcd.ie/content/107/ )
          GA 61 (TCD 30) (directory at: http://digitalcollections.tcd.ie/content/105/ )
          GA 63 and L454 (TCD 30; Codex Montfortianus) (directory at: http://digitalcollections.tcd.ie/content/106/ )
          GA 2010 (TCD 373/2) (directory at: http://digitalcollections.tcd.ie/content/77/ )
          as well as L1990 (TCD 2885) and L1991 (TCD 2886) which don't appear to be linked to images.
          How frustrating that one can't give links to individual manuscripts using the Dublin viewer.

          Hugh Houghton

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 14, 2011
            Hugh Houghton wrote:
            > GA 035 (TCD 32) (directory at:
            > http://digitalcollections.tcd.ie/content/107/ )

            Cool!
            Note that Abbott's very good transcription is online here:
            http://www.archive.org/details/parpalimpsestor00abbogoog