PDFs Conjectural Emendation

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2011

      Conjecturaal-kritiek, toegepast op den tekst van de schriften des Nieuwen Testaments

      Willem Christiaan van Manen

      http://www.archive.org/details/conjecturaalkri00manegoog

      Critical conjectures ... on the New Testament

      William Bowyer

      http://www.archive.org/details/criticalconject00bowygoog

      Over de toepassing van de conjecturaal-kritiek op den tekst des Nieuwen Testaments

      Willem Hendrik van de Sande Bakhuyzen

      http://www.archive.org/details/overdetoepassin00bakhgoog

      Emendationen zu Stellen des neuen Testaments

      Clemens Könnecke

      http://www.archive.org/details/emendationenzus00kngoog

      Perhaps Jan Krans know more?

      More TC related PDFs here:

      http://tcg.iphpbb3.com/forum/64774768nx21631/textual-criticism-book-alerts-and-reviews-f19/pdf-textual-criticism-t149.html

      --------------------------

      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany

      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie

      Textcritical commentary:

      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

    • TeunisV
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 26, 2011
        I hoped to find in this edition of Theile by De Gebhart, 1875, many references to conjectures. But, alas!, De Gebhart omitted them.
        http://www.archive.org/stream/kaindiathknovum00gebhgoog#page/n597/mode/2up
        They are in Theile's NT Graece of 1852 (Ed. stereotypa 4a). see p. 530 at the end of the note to the "Annotatio Critica":
        "Conjecturis, quarum nonnisi notabiliores notari poterant, praefixa sunt auctorum nomina."
        Some names: Schulz, Anonymus with Bowyer, Wassenberg, Meyer, Whiston, Valckenaer, Griesbach, Beza, Piscator, Weststein, Schilthess, Valesius, Er. Schmid, J.D. Michaelis, Price, Gersdorf, Grotius, Salmasius, ...
        Is this edition on the net?

        Teunis van Lopik

        --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Wieland Willker" <wie@...> wrote:

        > Conjecturaal-kritiek, toegepast op den tekst van de
        > schriften des Nieuwen Testaments
        >
        > Willem Christiaan van Manen
        >
        > http://www.archive.org/details/conjecturaalkri00manegoog
        >

        > Critical conjectures ... on the New Testament
        >
        > William Bowyer
        >
        > http://www.archive.org/details/criticalconject00bowygoog
        >

        > Over de toepassing van de conjecturaal-kritiek op den tekst
        > des Nieuwen Testaments
        >
        > Willem Hendrik van de Sande Bakhuyzen
        >
        > http://www.archive.org/details/overdetoepassin00bakhgoog
        >

        > Emendationen zu Stellen des neuen Testaments
        >
        > Clemens K�nnecke
        >
        > http://www.archive.org/details/emendationenzus00kngoog
        >

        > Perhaps Jan Krans know more?
        >

        > More TC related PDFs here:
        >
        > http://tcg.iphpbb3.com/forum/64774768nx21631/textual-critici
        > sm-book-alerts-and-reviews-f19/pdf-textual-criticism-t149.ht
        > ml
        >

        > Best wishes
        >
        > Wieland
        >
        > <><
        >
        > --------------------------
        >
        > Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
        >
        > http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie
        >
        > Textcritical commentary:
        >
        > http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

      • John McChesney-Young
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 26, 2011
          On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 9:45 AM, TeunisV <tvanlopik@...> wrote in part:

          > I hoped to find in this edition of Theile by De Gebhart, 1875, many references to conjectures. ...
          > They are in Theile's NT Graece of 1852 (Ed. stereotypa 4a). ...
          > Is this edition on the net?

          Yes, although only at Google Books:

          http://books.google.com/books?id=VtA7AAAAcAAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

          and not at the Internet Archive, which means that non-USians might
          need to use a proxy to view it. For the sake of convenience for those
          who don't want to bother and who can't read or download the file
          directly, I've uploaded it to my Dropbox:

          http://dl.dropbox.com/u/407928/Novum_Testamentum_graece.pdf (19.5MB)

          John
          --
          John McChesney-Young ** Berkeley, California, U.S.A.
          JMcCYoung~at~gmail.com ** http://twitter.com/jmccyoung **