Re: Codex 1241 added to the VMR

  • james_snapp_jr
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2011
      Just looking over the images quickly, it already looks like Lake's description of 1241's treatment of the end of Mark needs some correction/clarification. There is at least one other page where the last line is not complete and a sentence is brought to its conclusion, followed by a "+", for example "ESTIN+" is the only occupant of the last line of the page ending with Luke 6:36, and "_PNS_ AGIOU" (with no "+") is the only occupant of the last line of the page that ends in the middle of Lk. 1:66.

      The abbreviation for "Third Heothina-reading" is in the upper left margin on the page containing Mk. 16:9-20. (The abbreviation for "Second Heothina-reading" is on the previous page, to the right of Mk. 16:1.)

      The closing verses of Jn are given a shape something like a topheavy hourglass. Or, like an large inverted triangle, a short rectanglar block , and a small triangle, in a stack. (There's a note to the right that probably should be given a close look.)

      I'll need to clear some time in my schedule to look at this MS more closely. Thanks for mentioning it. (And thanks to the overseers of the Virtual Manuscript Room, too!)