TC in the BT - Old Georgian Base-Text

  • james_snapp_jr
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2011
      Wieland,

      I must track down Gadilia's article. /How strongly/ does the current research point to a translation of the Gospels from the Greek and not from Armenian or Syriac? I think everyone grants that the Georgian version was *conformed* to a Greek base-text by Euthymius, hundreds of years after the Old Georgian version had been initially produced.

      But initially *translated* from a Greek text?? How does Gadilia explain the seed-sellers in the Old Georgian in Mt. 21:12 and Jn. 2:15?