RE: Error in UBS4 apparatus for Mark 6:33?

  • David C Hindley
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2011
      Richard,

      Long time no speak!

      I tried, unsuccessfully, to find these citations in either my old UBS3 or NA27 apparatus. However, while looking at other variants, I noticed that NA27 distinguishes readings in the original hand from corrections by other hands (sometimes 2 or 3). One citation probably represents the original reading and the other a corrected reading. In UBS3 corrected readings were indicated by a superscript "c", "2" or "3". NA27 uses superscript "c" followed by "1", "2", "3".

      Respectfully,

      Dave Hindley
      Newton Falls,
      Ohio USA
      (on break boss)

      2a. Error in UBS4 apparatus for Mark 6:33
      Posted by: "Richard" 100114.573@... richardmallett2001
      Date: Tue Feb 1, 2011 1:22 pm ((PST))

      In the UBS4 apparatus for Mark 6:33, minuscule 157 is given as a witness for the first reading ekei kai proelthon autous (and they arrived there before them) and also for the sixth reading ekei kai proelthon autous kai synelthon pros auton (and they arrived there before them and they came together to him) - do you know what is the actual reading in minuscule 157 for this verse ?
      --
      Richard Mallett
      Eaton Bray, Dunstable

      Messages in this topic (2)
      2b. Re: Error in UBS4 apparatus for Mark 6:33
      Posted by: "David Robert Palmer" davekanaka@... kanakawatut
      Date: Tue Feb 1, 2011 11:16 pm ((PST))

      I don’t personally have access to the manuscript 157, or images of it, but for what it’s worth, this is what Swanson has:

      ἐκεῖ καὶ προῆλθον αὐτούς καὶ συνῆλθον πρὸς αὐτόν

      David Robert Palmer
    • james_snapp_jr
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2011
        Richard,

        Disregard what I said about Swanson; he does list it explicitly as agreeing with the majority-text reading (the citation is crammed together a bit so I missed it at first. Byz is supported, in Swanson, by K M U Pi 118 2 157 and 1071 and the TR). So I would bet a 5th Avenue candy bar that 157 does indeed have the Byz reading here in Mk 6:33.