Ending of Mark: John 20 or John 21?

  • bucksburg
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2011
      In Message #5900 on July 18, 2010, James Snapp wrote:
      >>the page www.waynecoc.org/MarkTwo.html hasn't existed for a
      while; a very similar page is at
      http://www.curtisvillechristian.org/MarkTwo.html .<<

      James, I think you have one too many 20's in this paragraph:

      >If John complied with this request, producing a short text that resembled John 20:1-19, this would explain why John 21:1 introduces a new scene after the Gospel of John is brought to a close at the end of chapter 20. It would also explain why John 21:1-19 forms an appropriate
      ending to Mark 1:1-16:8, telling how Jesus met the disciples in Galilee and restored Peter, just as foreshadowed in Mark 14:28
      and 16:7.<

      Daniel Buck
    • james_snapp_jr
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 27, 2011
        Daniel Buck,

        Thanks; indeed, in the phrase "producing a short text that resembled John 20:1-19," the "20" should be replaced by "21." I will try to remember this the next time I update the site, which should be within a couple of weeks. (In a recent update the phrase was moved to the MarkThree page, btw.)