Treasures of the British Library - App with Aleph

  • james_snapp_jr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2011
      I don't know the extent of the images, or how many have anything to do with NT MSS, but it's hard to argue with the idea of a $4.00 tour of 100 of the most important things in the British Library:

      The British Library Treasures App (in HD for the iPad) --

      http://www.bl.uk/app

      -- is said to present 100 of the British Library's greatest treasures, including "the world's oldest Bible," which is some confused person's way of referring to Codex Sinaiticus. The preview/ad video says that the app has over 250 pictures, so I don't expect this to present the entire codex, or the entire /anything./ At 1:05 into the preview/ad there is a shot of Sinaiticus, but it looks like two pages from the Lake photos, not images from the new site.

      In other news, the Lindisfarne Gospels are completely online at the BL now. I saw a few pages from 700 (by searching for "Egerton 2610") there today too.