Re: [textualcriticism] seasonal thanks

  • Jonathan Borland
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 19, 2010
      On Dec 20, 2010, at 2:49 AM, mydogregae01 wrote:

      They have a tremendous reproduction of all of Mill's glorious work displayed FREELY for anyone to view or download.

      -----------------------------------

      Not exactly. The prolegomena and very important appendix to Mill's edition is omitted in the CSNTM reproduction. I hope one day it will be included!

      Jonathan C. Borland
    • mydogregae01
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 20, 2010
        -Yes, Mr. Borland, this is sadly true. However, in looking over the total amount of data well presented on the whole site, aren't you concerned with the gigantic cost? Hundreds and hundreds of gigabytes for your viewing use and pleasure. My point being they require support.

        Gary

        Mr. Borland wrote:

        > Not exactly. The prolegomena and very important appendix to Mill's
        > edition is omitted in the CSNTM reproduction. I hope one day it will
        > be included!
        >
        > Jonathan C. Borland

      • Daniel B. Wallace
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 21, 2010
          I have asked our staff to check our files to see why we did not post the appendix. Most likely, it was because we did not have any real policy on posting books that differed from posting manuscripts. If we photographed the appendix, we will post it. We shoot the entire book as a rule in the last few years, and this particular Mill was a pristine copy of the 1707--very rare. CSNTM has also recently acquired Bruce Metzger's Mill, which may supplement what we have posted. We're looking into it. I appreciate the comments that both of you have made. CSNTM is in need of quite a bit of funding to end the year in the black and to pay for upcoming expeditions.

          Daniel B. Wallace, PhD
          Executive Director
          www.csntm.org

          > -Yes, Mr. Borland, this is sadly true. However, in looking over the total amount of data well presented on the whole site, aren't you concerned with the gigantic cost? Hundreds and hundreds of gigabytes for your viewing use and pleasure. My point being they require support.
          >
          > Gary
          > >
          > Mr. Borland wrote:
          >
          > > Not exactly. The prolegomena and very important appendix to Mill's
          > > edition is omitted in the CSNTM reproduction. I hope one day it will
          > > be included!
          > >
          > > Jonathan C. Borland

          ----- End Original Message -----
        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 24, 2011
            CSNTM has recently uploaded the entirety of Mill's 1707 Greek New Testament, including the prolegomena and appendix. The images can be accessed via the Center's website at http://www.csntm.org/printedbook/viewbook/JohnMillNovumTestamentum1707.

            Jeff Hargis
            Field Director
            www.csntm.org