Re: quick question

  • Matthew Burgess
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2010
      If memory serves, the symbol "gig" stands for Codex Gigas, the famously large Latin manuscript that dates to the twelfth century (occasionally known as the "Devil's Bible" because of a demonic illustration that occupies an entire page of the manuscript). It's listed in the indices of Nestle-Aland under "Codices Latini." However, I believe that it is only cited as a witness in the Acts of the Apostles and the Book of Revelation, because it contains an Old Latin text in those books; elsewhere it follows the Vulgate.

      Matt

      -------
      Matthew Burgess, MAR
      Department of Religious Studies, University of Virginia
      Box 400126
      Charlottesville, VA 22904
    • TeunisV
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2010