SBL GNT: 3 questions and replies

  • Mike Holmes
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 18, 2010

      Colleagues,

      I recently posted on the ETC Blog (http://evangelicaltextualcriticism.blogspot.com/) the following entry:  “SBLGNT: Three Questions and Replies.” In it I offer replies to three questions raised about the SBLGNT:  1) why were those four editions selected (long answer); is the NIV text viewed as “more standard” than the NA text (no); and would the outcome have been different if I had started with manuscripts rather than editions (I don’t think so).  Many of you already will have the entry, but if not, you may find the answers of interest.

      thanks,

      Mike