Re: [textualcriticism] Irenaeus in Greek (or Latin)

  • Ken Rice
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2010
      Thank you all.  These links are what I was looking for.  A few quick observations for future inquirers.  Harvey's 2 vol. editions have great introductory material and footnotes in English while Frank's 3 link below is to Bibliotheca.Sanctorum Patrum, 2nd series, 3rd volume all in Latin.  Both editions highlights biblical quotations B.S.P. with <<  >> and Harvey's with italics.

      Thanks again - Ken

      From: "knrice79"
      To: textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [textualcriticism] Ireneas in Greek (or Latin)
      Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 20:59:55 -0000

      Does anyone know where I can find Irenaeus' Against Heresies in greek
      (or latin)? Online and down-loadable is preferable.

      I understand that much of it has been pieced together from Old Latin
      fragments and writers such as Epiphanius, and Hippolyptus'
      Philosophoumena. I think there are even a few Syriac fragments. Any of
      these pieces would also be helpful.

      I have also heard about editions by Erasmus and others over the last 5
      ct. but have not had any luck finding them.

      Thank you,

      - Ken Rice
      A curious student

      ODOI DUO EISI, MIA THS ZWHS KAI MIA TOU QANATOU, DIAFORA DE POLLH METAXU
      TWN DUO ODWN - DIDACE 1.1