RE: [textualcriticism] Some downloads - Marcion

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 20, 2010

      On Monday I noted this one:

      1. Harnack Marcion, 1924: 718 pages

      http://www.archive.org/details/AdolfHarnack.MarcionDasEvangeliumVomFremdenGott

      (download the "PDF with text". It is much smaller, but with OCR, and it

      has the same content.)

      In the above file 6 pages are missing.

      I have scanned these pages from the volume we have in our library and put them online, here:

      http://www.archive.org/details/AdolfHarnack.MarcionDasEvangeliumVomFremdenGott-Addendum

      Even if you cannot read German, this volume is invaluable since it contains the most complete discussion of Marcion’s NT text. Together with Th. Zahn’s edition (NT Canon 2,2) it is a must-have. Good to see it online!

      Btw. It is interesting to note that these two giants have quite a different view: Zahn thinks that Tertullian had his Marcion in Greek, while Harnack thinks he had it in Latin. Zahn thinks that there was no Latin translation at all when Tertullian wrote.

      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany

      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie

      Textcritical commentary:

      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/