Re: [textualcriticism] "Scribal Habits" is on Google Books

  • John McChesney-Young
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2010
      On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 4:42 PM, d.roe@... <d.roe@...>
      wrote in part:
      > Regarding the Google Books version -- I was able to go to page ~230,
      > ~430 and ~630. I think the limitation is the number of pages one can
      > view from the same computer. (I've experienced this before, getting a
      > message something like "you have reached the allowed number of viewable
      > pages...")

      Thank you for this observation! I had begun at the front cover and
      scrolled until it said that pages <x to y> were not available, but by
      going directly to the middle via the scroll bar I could view pages
      from the previously-forbidden section. Very interesting, and I also
      wonder whether the limitation might be worked around by emptying
      cookies, switching browsers, or both? I know that switching browsers
      will get around Amazon's preview restrictions.

      Best,

      John

      --
      John McChesney-Young ** Berkeley, California, U.S.A.
      JMcCYoung~at~gmail.com ** http://twitter.com/jmccyoung **