Re: [textualcriticism] James Royse Scribal Habits paperback!

  • Harold P. Scanlin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2010

      Brill and the Society of Biblical Literature have developed a partnership for some of their titles. Brill publishes hardback editions of a select number of SBL paperback titles and SBL sells paperback editions of some Brill titles such as Royse. I'm not sure how they decide which books to cooperate on, but it is a very useful service. The catalog at <https://secure.aidcvt.com/sbl/SearchResult.asp?PG=1&Type=BL&PCS=SBL> lists fifty available titles. I'm not sure how Brill and SBL decide which titles to include, but the choice of Royse is very welcome.

      Harold P. Scanlin
      41 Waldheim Park
      Allentown, PA 18103
      harold.scanlin@...
      610-791-9146

      On 10/9/2010 11:31 AM, Wieland Willker wrote:

      Tommy Wasserman reports on the ETC blog that Royse's book is
      now available as paperback!
      This is really great news, since I consider this the most
      important TC book recently published. Every TC and Greek
      scholar should own a copy, and can now:

      James Ronald Royse
      "Scribal Habits in Early Greek New Testament Papyri"
      Paperback
      1086 pages
      ISBN: 1589835220

      Amazon: $89.95 / EUR 72,99

      Go and buy!
      If enough people buy it, Brill may consider bringing other
      books out as paperback.

      Textcritical Commentary: