Re: [textualcriticism] New digital apparatus from CNTTS

  • Bill Warren
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15, 2010
      Wieland, thanks for noting this.  We actually released the full NT via Accordance last Nov. at SBL, but since have made corrections both in formatting and content, added the rest of the papyri for the Gospels, added some other manuscripts, and, as noted, will be offering it via BibleWorks and Accordance for this SBL.

      As another info matter, we're delighted to have Jim Leonard (and family) with us this year as our visiting scholar for the 2010-2011 academic year.

      paz y gracia,

      Bill Warren, Ph.D.
      Director of the Center for New Testament Textual Studies
      Landrum P. Leavell, II, Professor of New Testament and Greek

      On Aug 14, 2010, at 1:44 AM, Wieland Willker wrote:

      Bill Warren's group seems to have finished their apparatus,
      they were working on so long:

      http://www.sbcbaptistpress.org/BPnews.asp?ID=33503

      It is available with Accordance Bible Software and is coming
      soon to BibleWorks software.

      It is "the most detailed and comprehensive electronic
      critical apparatus on the market."

      "The CNTTS includes 10 times as much data as the critical
      apparatus printed in the United Bible Societies' editions of
      the Greek New Testament."

      "We give all the variants, major or not ..."

      "The CNTTS apparatus identifies every textual variation
      found in hundreds of ancient biblical manuscripts, and the
      center is continuing to expand the project by researching
      more manuscripts. The CNTTS team currently is studying
      ancient papyri of Acts as well as several other
      manuscripts."

      "the CNTTS has developed a strategic partnership with Daniel
      Wallace, director of the Center for the Study of New
      Testament Manuscripts and a professor at Dallas Theological
      Seminary."

      "Warren has also started a multi-year project to construct a
      New Testament commentary based on the variant readings the
      center has carefully studied."

      Video:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id9a3c1uVJc

      Textcritical Commentary: