New digital apparatus from CNTTS

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2010
      Bill Warren's group seems to have finished their apparatus,
      they were working on so long:

      http://www.sbcbaptistpress.org/BPnews.asp?ID=33503

      It is available with Accordance Bible Software and is coming
      soon to BibleWorks software.

      It is "the most detailed and comprehensive electronic
      critical apparatus on the market."

      "The CNTTS includes 10 times as much data as the critical
      apparatus printed in the United Bible Societies' editions of
      the Greek New Testament."

      "We give all the variants, major or not ..."

      "The CNTTS apparatus identifies every textual variation
      found in hundreds of ancient biblical manuscripts, and the
      center is continuing to expand the project by researching
      more manuscripts. The CNTTS team currently is studying
      ancient papyri of Acts as well as several other
      manuscripts."

      "the CNTTS has developed a strategic partnership with Daniel
      Wallace, director of the Center for the Study of New
      Testament Manuscripts and a professor at Dallas Theological
      Seminary."

      "Warren has also started a multi-year project to construct a
      New Testament commentary based on the variant readings the
      center has carefully studied."

      Video:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id9a3c1uVJc

      Textcritical Commentary:
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 14, 2010
        Michael Bushell from Bibleworks writes:
        > As soon as CNTTS releases the final product (soon we
        > hope) we will have it available for BibleWorks users as
        > a module. We are also planning a release of the first 7
        > of our own manuscript transcriptions (full searchable
        > transcriptions with images and a robust set of
        > transcription, collation and tagging tools) soon,
        > probably about the same time as the CNTTS material.
        > You text critical geeks are about to get an overdose.
        > These two items complement each other very well.
        > Amazing how the Lord choreographs these things.

        Textcritical Commentary:
      • Bill Warren
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15, 2010
          Wieland, thanks for noting this.  We actually released the full NT via Accordance last Nov. at SBL, but since have made corrections both in formatting and content, added the rest of the papyri for the Gospels, added some other manuscripts, and, as noted, will be offering it via BibleWorks and Accordance for this SBL.

          As another info matter, we're delighted to have Jim Leonard (and family) with us this year as our visiting scholar for the 2010-2011 academic year.

          paz y gracia,

          Bill Warren, Ph.D.
          Director of the Center for New Testament Textual Studies
          Landrum P. Leavell, II, Professor of New Testament and Greek