Unidentified fragments of P84

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2010

      Since I posted this the first time some years ago, nothing has happened. The case is still open.

      Anyone?

      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/prob/P84-Unidentified.pdf

      I have some more on P84 in the Mark section of the paleographical problems section of the commentary:

      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/prob/index.html

      --------------------------

      http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

    • Peter M. Head
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20, 2010
        I had a brief go and didn't find anything. Some of them look like
        they should be doable given time.

        General tips:
        i) read the identified fragments first - gets you acquainted with the
        hand and the extant portions (both of which are important since
        fragments are more likely to have broken off other fragments)
        ii) ignore the transcriptions provided and make your own
        iii) beaware of either/or letters (e.g. gamma/tua) which are
        relatively certain to be one or the other
        iv) look for solid two or three letter sequences (searchable on TLG)
        v) sift through a lot of stuff

        vi) win your prize

        Pete

        At 08:05 20/07/2010, you wrote:

        >Since I posted this the first time some years ago, nothing has
        >happened. The case is still open.
        >
        >Anyone?
        >
        ><http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/prob/P84-Unidentified.pdf>http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/prob/P84-Unidentified.pdf
        >
        >I have some more on P84 in the Mark section of the paleographical
        >problems section of the commentary:
        ><http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/prob/index.html>http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/prob/index.html
        >

        >Best wishes
        > Wieland