Re: [textualcriticism] Large Uncatalogued Lectionary Photographed in Iasi, Romania

  • Filotheu Monahul
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 8, 2010
      Dear Jeff,

      It is of great value the efforts your team is doing. But i cannot understand how it is possible that on your server any image between f.0007b and f.0400b to be the exact copy of f.0007a. Practically you gave us the same image replied almost 800 times...

      For example, compare this one
      http://images.csntm.org/Manuscripts/noGA_Lect_Iasi_MuseumOfLit_7030/noGA_Lect_Iasi_MuseumOfLit_7030_0007a.jpg
      with this one
      http://images.csntm.org/Manuscripts/noGA_Lect_Iasi_MuseumOfLit_7030/noGA_Lect_Iasi_MuseumOfLit_7030_0398b.jpg

      On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 9:20 PM, Jeff <jhargis@...> wrote:

      The Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts announces that it has photographed a large (approximately 34 x 25.5 cm), previously uncatalogued Gospels lectionary held at the Museum of Romanian Literature in Iasi, Romania. The 11th century lectionary containing 400 leaves was digitally photographed in May 2010; the images are posted on the "Manuscripts" page of the Center's website (www.csntm.org/Manuscript). The Center is grateful to the museum director, Dr Dan Jumara, for permission to post the images.

      The full text of the announcement is posted in the "Latest News" section of the home page of the Center, www.csntm.org.

      Jeff Hargis
      Field Director
      www.csntm.org

    • Jeff
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 8, 2010
        Thank you for pointing out this technical problem; it is something I hope to have fixed shortly. I appreciate all feedback that helps us improve our website. Thanks again.

        Jeff Hargis
        Field Director
        www.csntm.org

        --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, Filotheu Monahul <filotheu@...> wrote:

        > Dear Jeff,
        >
        > It is of great value the efforts your team is doing. But i cannot understand
        > how it is possible that on your server any image between f.0007b and f.0400b
        > to be the exact copy of f.0007a. Practically you gave us the same image
        > replied almost 800 times...
        >
        > For example, compare this one
        > http://images.csntm.org/Manuscripts/noGA_Lect_Iasi_MuseumOfLit_7030/noGA_Lect_Iasi_MuseumOfLit_7030_0007a.jpg
        > with this one
        > http://images.csntm.org/Manuscripts/noGA_Lect_Iasi_MuseumOfLit_7030/noGA_Lect_Iasi_MuseumOfLit_7030_0398b.jpg
        >
        > On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 9:20 PM, Jeff <jhargis@...> wrote:
        >

        > > The Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts announces that it has
        > > photographed a large (approximately 34 x 25.5 cm), previously uncatalogued
        > > Gospels lectionary held at the Museum of Romanian Literature in Iasi,
        > > Romania. The 11th century lectionary containing 400 leaves was digitally
        > > photographed in May 2010; the images are posted on the "Manuscripts" page of
        > > the Center's website (www.csntm.org/Manuscript). The Center is grateful to
        > > the museum director, Dr Dan Jumara, for permission to post the images.
        > >
        > > The full text of the announcement is posted in the "Latest News" section of
        > > the home page of the Center, www.csntm.org.
        > >
        > > Jeff Hargis
        > > Field Director
        > > Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts
        > > www.csntm.org

      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 20, 2010
          The problem with the images at www.csntm.org of the uncatalogued Iasi lectionary, described below, has been resolved. Thanks again to those who reported this issue.