Re: new look at CSNTM's website

  • mydogregae01
    Message 1 of 10 , May 10, 2010
      Dr. Wallace and Mr. Gurry,

      The site looks great. Nice subtle color changes. Easier to navigate.
      I would certainly keep the MSS listed as per the order as per the Nestle/Aland numbers. Thus keeping it simple and logical.

      The images (on the display pages) seem bright and sharp, and load
      fairly quickly. For us slow dial-up users we appreciate less
      ballons and confetti and more source materials.

      Your Java scripting loads quickly too. Job well done. My only caveat would be the covering of some marginal notes (from the fathers) with
      your brightly coloured watermark. (in 1424 for example, sadly some of the father's comments are overwritten by your watermark). Then I suppose that I could order the DVD with the TiFFs without the watermarks, yes??

      MS 2558 (paper if I recall) has been wonderfully preserved by y'all. Such fragile documents need the care you give them, preserving them for future Bible lovers. A great work and service!! I am deeply impressed.

      One of the best sites on the internet has and is getting better,

      sincerely,
      Mr. Gary S. Dykes

      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel B. Wallace" <csntm@...> wrote:

      > After working for several weeks on the project, Peter Gurry, one of CSNTM's interns, put together a brand-new look for the CSNTM website. It is much more streamlined than before, with updated information on several pages. Take a look and tell us what you think.
      >
      > Daniel B. Wallace, PhD
      > Executive Director
      > Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts
      > www.csntm.org

    • Daniel B. Wallace
      Message 2 of 10 , May 10, 2010
        Thanks, Gary, for the encouraging note. As for 1424, we have a set size and location for the watermark, but it is also our policy not to cover any text if we can avoid doing so. We will be getting those redone after we return from our current expedition to Greece and Romania.

        Daniel B. Wallace, PhD
        Executive Director
        www.csntm.org

        ----- End Original Message -----