Re: Codex Regius (L, 019) Ending of Mark

  • james_snapp_jr
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2010
      Scott Freedlun,

      If you search Google Books for Jean Pierre Paulin Martin's French book "Introduction a la critique textuelle du Nouveau Testament," Volume 6, you will find a decent replica of the page of Codex L that features Mark 16:6-8, a framed note, the Shorter Ending, another framed note, and the beginning of 16:9. It is on page 38, according to the digital page-count of actual pages.

      In Aland & Aland's Text of the New Testament, Plate 29 (page #'s differ depending on the edition) shows the page of Codex L that contains Mark 16:17b-20, followed by the framed subscription, followed a title announcing the chapter-headings of Luke, followed by a decorative line, followed by the first 10 chapter-headings.

      I have made replicas of both of those pages of Codex L, cleaned up for easier legibility. They were originally in my essay on Mark 16:9-20, but I took them out in order to make the essay more manageable for e-mail purposes. If you send me an e-mail, I'll be glad to make a special file consisting of just those two pages, to send to you.

      james -dot- snapp -at- gmail -dot- com
      Curtisville Christian Church
      Indiana (USA)
    • Timothy Arthur Brown
      Message 2 of 2 , May 9, 2010
        Dear Scott Freedlun,

        The work Kenyon references (Monumenta Sacra Inedita, 1846) contains a
        typographical facsimile. If you are looking for actual photographic
        images, this will not help. If a typographical representation is
        useful, however, I can scan the portion you need.

        Yours,

        T. A. E. Brown
        Franconia, New Hampshire USA