RE: [textualcriticism] J. K. Elliott for KAI NHSTEIA at Mark 9:29?

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2010
      I am forwarding Elliott's reply below:

      Dear Dr Willker,

      I am not sure why Gueting said that. He is correct that I
      would defend the longer reading as original to Mk (a reading
      that influenced the addition made to Mt by some mss.) and
      that the shortening of the text is probably due to hom., but
      I cannot recall writing it up. Possibly Gueting heard me
      speak on the verse at a seminar??? His 'correction' of my
      reference in the Holmes-Ehrman volume itself has to be
      corrected now that the Chicago minuscule has been exposed as
      a modern forgery.

      Best wishes
      Keith Elliott

      Textcritical Commentary: