Images of mss of Rev

  • Jeff Cate
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2010

      Of the 313 extant mss of Rev, I've only found images of 11 mss of Rev accessible online. Here is my list. Please feel free to add to it if you know of other images.

      Thanks in advance,
      --Jeff Cate
      Riverside, CA

      Online Images of Manuscripts of Revelation

      P115 – papyrus Oxyrhynchus 4499

      http://www.papyrology.ox.ac.uk/POxy/

      ℵ (01) – Codex Sinaiticus

      www.codexsinaiticus.org and www.csntm.org

      A (02) – Codex Alexandrinus

      www.csntm.org

      0163 – Oxyrhynchus 848, uncial fragment of Rev. 16:17-20

      http://goodspeed.lib.uchicago.edu/ms/index.php?doc=9351

      0308 – Oxyrhynchus 4500, uncial fragment of Rev. 11:15-16, 17-18

      http://www.papyrology.ox.ac.uk/POxy/

      69 – Codex Leicester (part of f13)

      www.csntm.org

      1424 – minuscule manuscript of entire NT

      www.csntm.org

      1957 – Fifteenth-century minuscule hand supplying the missing leaves of fourth-century Codex Vaticanus (B 03)

      www.csntm.org

      2323 – minuscule manuscript of Gospels and Revelation

      www.csntm.org

      2402 – seventeenth-century copy of Revelation, including commentary based on Andreas and Arethas

      http://goodspeed.lib.uchicago.edu/ms/index.php?doc=0931

      2449 – seventeenth-century copy of Revelation

      www.csntm.org

      Auto Insurance Quotes
      Enter Zip Code and Compare Rates! How Much Can You Save?
      EZRateQuotes.com
    • David Robert Palmer

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1 8:22 AM

          If we're making a wish-list, I'd like to see 04, 046, 2053, 2344, 2351, and 2814 in digital form for easier access. Of course, if we're really making a wish-list, I'd love to see what Tischendorf labeled as #5 and #11 in any form... well, and also the rest of p18, p24, p43, p47, p85, p98, p115, 0163, 0169, 0308..... :-)

          --Jeff Cate,
          Riverside, CA

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 3 4:43 AM

            Regarding mss of Rev, I also found digital images of p18, p24, p47 (part), p98, and p115 at:

            http://chrles.multiply.com/photos

            I'm not sure whose website that is or even how they obtained authorization to post all the ms images there, but they also have posted images of most of the NT papyri, including what seems to be complete images of all the pages of p46, p66, p72 (well, at least the NT portion of p72, not the non-canonical stuff), p74, and p75.

            --Jeff Cate,
            Riverside, CA

[...]

            Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
            AwesomePennyStocks.com
          • Richard Godwin
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 3 8:17 PM
              Do you have P18, POxy 1079 (Rev. 1:1-6)?

              Richard.
            • Heterodoxus
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 4 6:05 AM
                RG asked: "Do you have P18, POxy 1079  (Rev. 1:1-6)?"
                Virtually, yes. If I wasn't able to read it, I wouldn't be pointing out what P18 doesn't contain, like vss. 1-3, 8-20.

                Do you have P18, POxy 1079  (Rev. 1:1-6)?

                Richard.

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to: