Re: [textualcriticism] Book Request

  • Jovial
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 28, 2010
      Indeed, a good point Jack.  In fact, even before the DSS, people could have found variants in the Samaritan Torah, Aramaic Targums, etc., that matched some of the LXX variants.   That's why you can't really compare JUST the Masoret Hebrew with the LXX and think you're done, although I've seen a lot of people do that.  You've really got to look at all the versions out there to know whether you're dealing with a language independent variant, or something specific to translation into Greek, or a post-LXX variant, etc.