Re: Latest TC Forum Posts and Ephrem Syrus

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 22, 2010
      > Did you just recently obtain Carmel McCarthy's book?

      Yes.
      (Btw, the bibliography at the end of the book is quite complementary to Pete
      Williams' one on the ETC blog.)

      Thanks Jim for being so insistent.
      I agree that the notation in my commentary is not very accurate. I will try
      to improve it.
      Regarding the reference you gave, yes, this appears to be Mk 16:15.
      It is cited out of order within the chapter of Jesus sending out his
      disciples (Mat 10). The words are not in the Armenian at this position. How
      much is missing here? Do you have Leloir?

      But since the citation in Ephrem agrees with the Arabic, it seems probable
      that this actually was in the Diatessaron.

      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
      mailto:wie@...
      http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/