P40

  • scottfreedlun
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2010
      I am collating a research project on NT mss, right now I am fact checking the papyri. As I am in Africa far from any real libraries I am dependent on the web resources.

      I was suprised to find that 'Wikipedia's' list of NT papyri is MORE acurate than that of University of Muenster (nttranscripts.uni-muenster.de/)!

      On p41 I have found contradictions.

      For example:

      p40 is listed as containing "Mt 18:32-34r; 19:1-3r; 19:5-7v; 19:9-10v" on the Muenster site (nttranscripts.uni-muenster.de/),

      though wikipedia and the other list at Muenster (intf.uni-muenster.de/) it is listed as containing "Rom 1,24-27; 1,31-2,3; 3,21-4,8; 6,4-5.16; 9,16-17.27"

      Is the other data for p40 correct?

      There have been a few other typos (e.g. indicating two verso sides, etc.) Easy to spot, but disconcerting.

      It seems obvious that there was cut/paste problem with Muenster NT Transcripts site. My question is: Are there any other known typos? Or will I have to double-triple check all stats from Muenster? There doesn't seem to be a more dependable and detailed list on the net.

      Thank you.

      Scott
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18, 2010
        My papyri list is here:
        http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/texte/Papyri-list.html

        Some images are here:
        http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/bibel.html#pap

        I think the best way besides images is to get the editio princeps of the
        papyrus.

        --------------------------
        Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
        mailto:wie@...
        http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/
      • Scott Freedlun
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 18, 2010
          Thank you. I have used yours as well. Also the images here (http://chrles.multiply.com/photos?&=&album=&page_start=100).

          Really do appreciate all your work in putting all this online.

          It's interesting that a few of the papyri are unavailable in image form.

          I have yet to find these:

          P3,
          8,
          11/14 [Not yet able to locate this ref with image: Treu, K.: Zur Rekonstruktion eines neutestamentlichen Papyruskodex (P 11, Leningrad 258 u. P 14, Sinai, Harris Nr. 14), in: FuF 31 (1957 ) 185-189 (1 Pl.)]
          17,
          19, [There is supposed to be an image in OxyPap IX (1912) 7-9, but the image is mis-marked as it seem to show another papyrus.]
          25,
          31,
          33/58,
          43,
          57,
          68,
          82,
          85,
          94, [Not yet able to locate this ref with image: Bingen, J.: Miscellània Papirològica Ramon Roca-Puig, Barcelona 1987, 75-78 (1 Pl.) ]
          117,
          126,
          127

          If you have any of the above images, I'd much appreciate it.

          Scott.

          Wieland Willker wrote:

          My papyri list is here:
          http://www-user. uni-bremen. de/~wie/texte/ Papyri-list. html

          Some images are here:
          http://www-user. uni-bremen. de/~wie/bibel. html#pap

          I think the best way besides images is to get the editio princeps of the
          papyrus.

          Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
          mailto:wie@uni-bremen. de
          http://www.uni- bremen.de/ ~wie