Re: Ms X/033 online

  • yennifmit
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010
      Hi Wieland,

      I think that the reason the POxy links change occasionally is that the system they use (was Greenstone) regenerates them every time the collection is updated.

      The people responsible for maintaining the site could be asked to implement a system of canonical URIs.

      Best,

      Tim Finney

      Best,

      Tim Finney

      --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Wieland Willker" <wie@...> wrote:

      > > I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a worthwhile endeavour to
      > > create a centralised web site where something like a
      > "links
      > > list" or "links catalogue" could be produced and kept up
      > in an
      > > ongoing fashion
      >

      > Yes, such a list would be nice.
      > A modern "Kurzgefasste Liste".
      > Perhaps the INTF VMR may become such a thing.
      >
      > But …
      >
      > 1. Images come and go. The only way to keep them is to safe
      > them on your own hard disk.
      > 2. Links change. This is a bigger problem than you might
      > think at first. Library links change often. It is now the
      > third time that I have to fix all the POxy links. :-(
      >

      > Best wishes
      >     Wieland
      >        <><
      > Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
      > mailto:wie@...
      > http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie
      > Textcritical Commentary:

    • Kent Clarke
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010

        Hi All:

        You bring up some good points Wieland; but hopefully not an insurmountable proposal.

        I (and possibly some of my students) would be happy to offer some of my (our) time towards bringing something like this to fruition!

        Kent

        Kent D. Clarke (Ph.D. Bristol)

        Brooke Foss Westcott Professorship of New Testament

        Textual Criticism, Greek Studies, and Hermeneutics

        Trinity Western University

        Seal Kap House

        7600 Glover Road

        Langley, British Columbia

        V2Y 1Y1, Canada

        Tel: (604) 513-2121 (Ext. 3116)

        kentc@...

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 3, 2010
          There are several lacunae in this manuscript; I think it is
          often one missing page. Sometimes one can get missing text
          from the commentary which is citing the lemmas often.
          Sometimes this is labeled with a > sign, but not always.

          Some examples below:
          (page numbers are from the PDF)

          Matthew:
          =======
          p. 3 Mt 5:45 cited in comm., note about Gerard Voss at the
          bottom
          p. 4 Mt 6:5 cited in comm. with ESESQE WSPER (as f1)
          p. 5/6 Mt 6:6, 10-11 Mt was originally in front of John, but
          the binder misplaced Mt and put it at the end. p. 5-6 are
          remains of the original position.
          p. 229 Mt 8:13 X has the addition from Lk 7:10.
          p. 234/5 Mt 9:8 X-txt omits EQAUMASAN KAI, but the
          commentary has it.
          p. 277 Mt 16:2-3 omitted
          p. 290 Mt 19:20 cited in commentary with EK NEOTHTOS MOU
          p. 302 Mt 21:25 cited in commentary
          p. 318 Mt 24:48 CRONIZEI MOU O KURIOS is cited in comm.
          p. 322 Mt 26:65 cited in comm.

          Mark: (no commentary)
          ====
          p. 209 Mk 9:38 X omits the second OTI OUK HKOLOUQEI HMIN
          (with D, Lat)
          p. 214 Mk 12:29 hOTI PRWTH PANTWN, singular reading.
          p. 216 Mk 13:32 X omits OUDE hO UIOS
          p. 220 X omits 15:28
          p. 221 Mk 16:14 X omits singularly EGHGERMENON. It adds EK
          NEKRWN.

          Luke:
          ====
          p. 123 Lk 2:10+14 cited in comm.
          p. 125 pencil mark! hO DE hAGIOS BASILEIOS ALLWS
          p. 126 X: The nomen sacrum looks corrected. There is a blot
          around the K. It is possible that the scribe originally
          wrote QW instead of KW.
          p. 131 Lk 4:18 cited in comm.
          p. 135 5:17 X omits KAI DUNAMIS KURIOU HN for unknown
          reasons. Suggestions welcome.
          p. 136 Lk 6:10 X adds EN ORGH.
          p. 144 Lk 8:15 X has the addition after the verse.
          p. 148 Lk 9:50 X-txt omits OUK, but the commentary has it
          p. 168 Lk 14:24 X has the addition a the end of the verse.

          John:
          ====
          p. 31 Jo 6:64 is not extant as text, but the words are
          quoted in the commentary. There it is omitting MH (with 01,
          al, vg).
          p. 32 Jo 6:68 cited.
          p. 41 PA missing. On top of the page is commentary, which is
          citing from 7:51 and 7:52, thus no missing pages.
          p. 90 IGNTP wrongly notes X for the omission of the last KAI
          (A, D reading). Tischendorf has it right. The word is
          clearly there.
          p. 104 Jo 19:14 is cited in the text as "it were the third
          hour". Several other witnesses read so, too. The commentary
          has "it were the sixth hour", noting explicitly the
          difference between Mark and John.

          mailto:wie@...
          http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie
          Textcritical Commentary: