Re: [textualcriticism] Mark 14:12

  • Michael.Borries@mail.cuny.edu
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 16, 2010

      While I haven't tried to research this in the resources James Snapp so kindly provided, I think it should be kept in mind that today it is not unusual to refer to the first and last days of Passover, the last day, of course, being really the last day of Unleavened Bread.  So perhaps one should expect similar usages in antiquity.  The two feasts are very closely associated.

      Michael S. Borries
      CUNY Central Cataloging
      151 East 25th Street, 5th Floor
      New York, NY  10010
      email: Michael.Borries@...
      Phone: (646) 312-1687

      "Tallen" <tedclore@...>
      Sent by: textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com

      02/12/2010 02:21 AM

      Please respond to
      textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com

      textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com
      cc
      Subject
      [textualcriticism] Mark 14:12

      It seems that this verse places Passover on the first day of Unleavened Bread. Which can't be.

      Are there any significant variations that would read differently?