Identification of Acts fragment from Khirbet Mira

  • Daniel Buck
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2010

      In the book Erscheinungen des Jahres 1963 by Wilhelm Schneemelcher and Knut Schäferdiek (found on googlebooks), one of the notes mentions "Un Fragment christo-palestinien découvert à Khirbet Mira" containing Acts 10:28-29, 32-41.

      Can anyone identify this fragment and point me to any other mention of it online? The only other reference I could find was the jstor-protected article Some Important Textual Studies, by Eldon Jay Epp in 1965.

      It seems incredible that no one would have commented on such an ancient ms in the past 45 years. Would this be a Syriac manuscript?

      Daniel Buck

    • sarban
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2010

        Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 7:03 PM
        Subject: [textualcriticism] Identification of Acts fragment from Khirbet Mira

        In the book Erscheinungen des Jahres 1963 by Wilhelm Schneemelcher and Knut Schäferdiek (found on googlebooks) , one of the notes mentions "Un Fragment christo-palestinien découvert à Khirbet Mira" containing Acts 10:28-29, 32-41.

        Can anyone identify this fragment and point me to any other mention of it online? The only other reference I could find was the jstor-protected article Some Important Textual Studies, by Eldon Jay Epp in 1965.

        It seems incredible that no one would have commented on such an ancient ms in the past 45 years. Would this be a Syriac manuscript?

        Daniel

        According to Metzger "Early Versions..." pps 78-80 The fragment is from a Palestinian Syriac manuscript.

        Its editio princeps is by Charles Perrot RB lxx (1963) pps 506-555

        Metzger does not give a date for this fragment but it is presumably after 500 CE

        Andrew Criddle

        aacc