More from Severus

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2009
      Looking through the volume I found additionally to those things noted by Jim
      Snapp already the following:

      Mt 22:20
      Severus quotes it three times, never with TOU QEOU:
      "but they will be as the angels in heaven.'"
      "but they are as the angels in heaven.'"
      "but they are as the angels that are in heaven'"
      [compare E.W. Brooks, Patrologia Orientalis 14, p. 46, 53, 187]

      Mt 23:35
      Severus is discussing who this Zacharias might be.
      It is pretty clear that Severus did not read hUIOU BARACIOU in his copy,
      otherwise all the given explanations cannot be understood. Do you agree?
      [compare E.W. Brooks, Patrologia Orientalis 14, p. 79]

      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
      mailto:wie@...
      http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/