Papyrus of Luke 3

  • scottfreedlun
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2009
      I must be missing something here. A while back a started a research project of NT Papyri. It's been quite difficult to find the images of many of these, only 22 that I have yet find. Sorry, I'm rambling.

      Recently I came across this papyrus (P.Köln Inv. 2638r) of Luke 3:29, 30.

      του ιωριμ
      του μαθθατ
      του λευι
      του συμεων
      του ιουδα
      του ιωσηφ
      του ιωναμ
      του ελιακιμ

      It looks to have been published in 2007 (Papyrologica Coloniensia VII/11)

      This papyrus was ref'd on the "Evangelical TC" blog by Peter Head in 2008. The link was to "What's New in Papyrology" blog. No further responses. (http://evangelicaltextualcriticism.blogspot.com/2008/02/p-kln-436.html)

      The papyrus can be found here: (http://papyri-koeln.dl.uni-leipzig.de/receive/KlnPapyri_schrift_00000110)

      My question is: Why is this not listed among the NT Papyri (p1-p126)? Is there another qualifier for papyri that I am not aware of?

      Thanks for helping a nooB understand.

      Scott
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2009
        Scott:
        > My question is: Why is this not listed among the NT Papyri
        (p1-
        > p126)? Is there another qualifier for papyri that I am not
        aware of?

        Because it is not a continuous text manuscript.

        mailto:wie@...
        http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie
        Textcritical Commentary: