Chicago: ms 2427 workshop

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 22, 2009
      Great news!

      Chicago's Archaic Mark (ms 2427):
      A Report on the Results of Chemical, Codicological and Textual Analysis

      Joseph Barabe, Abigail Quandt, Margaret M. Mitchell

      Monday October 26 from 6-8 pm
      Special Collections Research Center
      Joseph Regenstein Library 1100 E. 57th Street

      At this special session of the Workshop, jointly sponsored by the Library's
      Special Collections Research Center, the final results of a multi-year
      commitment by the University to solve a decades-long enigma - is this
      miniature codex a genuine Byzantine manuscript preserving a very early
      text-type of the Gospel of Mark or a modern forgery? - will be announced.
      The manuscript itself will be available for viewing, and Barabe, Quandt and
      Mitchell will document their findings and their implications in advance of
      their forthcoming article in the journal Novum Testamentum. All interested
      parties are welcome to attend. A light reception will follow. (Please note
      special evening time.)

      http://divinity.uchicago.edu/news/archaic_mark.shtml

      --------------------------
      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
      mailto:wie@...
      http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/
    • Peter M. Head
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 23, 2009
        Where is Stephen Carlson's publication on this ms? Have I missed it?

        Peter

        At 07:22 23/10/2009, you wrote:
        >Great news!
        >
        >Chicago's Archaic Mark (ms 2427):
        >A Report on the Results of Chemical, Codicological and Textual Analysis
        >
        >Joseph Barabe, Abigail Quandt, Margaret M. Mitchell
        >
        >Monday October 26 from 6-8 pm
        >Special Collections Research Center
        >Joseph Regenstein Library 1100 E. 57th Street
        >

        >At this special session of the Workshop, jointly sponsored by the Library's
        >Special Collections Research Center, the final results of a multi-year
        >commitment by the University to solve a decades-long enigma - is this
        >miniature codex a genuine Byzantine manuscript preserving a very early
        >text-type of the Gospel of Mark or a modern forgery? - will be announced.
        >The manuscript itself will be available for viewing, and Barabe, Quandt and
        >Mitchell will document their findings and their implications in advance of
        >their forthcoming article in the journal Novum Testamentum. All interested
        >parties are welcome to attend. A light reception will follow. (Please note
        >special evening time.)
        >

        >http://divinity.uchicago.edu/news/archaic_mark.shtml
        >

        >Best wishes
        > Wieland
        > <><
        >--------------------------
        >Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
        >mailto:wie@...
        >http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie
        >Textcritical commentary:
        >http://www.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/

        Peter M. Head, PhD
        Tyndale House
        36 Selwyn Gardens
        Cambridge CB3 9BA
        01223 566601
      • bucksburg
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 23, 2009
          --- In textualcriticism@yahoogroups.com, "Wieland Willker" wrote:
          >>Barabe, Quandt and Mitchell will document their findings and their implications in advance of their forthcoming article in the journal Novum Testamentum. <<

          In line with the title of the presentation, the topics covered will probably be:

          Barabe: Chemical Analysis
          Quandt: Codicological Analyis
          Mitchell: Textual Analysis