How to Make and Decorate Medieval Manuscripts - Fitzwilliam Animation

  • james_snapp_jr
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2009
      There is a very nice animation at

      http://www.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk/pharos/sections/making_art/manuscript.html

      about how medieval manuscripts were produced and decorated. This is the best online animation on the subject that I've seen. If anyone is teaching about TC, you may want to recommend this to your students, to acquaint them with some jargon, and with the basics of codex-production. There is also some interesting information about the production of inks and pigments. A very simple, very nice resource.

      P.S. to James Spinti -- yes, for those who haven't already gotten the Translate toolbar my way, your way is faster. Btw, would you know of any book publishers who would be interested in publishing a very detailed book about Mark 16:9-20?